PressMediaWire.com (Press Release Distribution) – Dec 13,2011 –
Fans of Voskos Greek Yogurt were invited to prepare and photograph non-traditional Thanksgiving dishes featuring Voskos Greek Yogurt, and post their photos on Voskos’ Facebook page. The potential prize? A gift card valued at up to $250.
“After reviewing a couple dozen entries, we chose three winning photographs based on presentation and photo quality,” said Emily Neukircher, Voskos’ marketing manager. “One member of our judging panel noted that the Spinach Feta Turnovers looked extremely appetizing, and both the Quinoa Pilaf and Onion-Bacon Dip were beautifully presented.”
The winners were:
“We have some very enthusiastic Facebook fans,” said Neukircher, “and we were very pleased with both their culinary skills and their photography!”
This recipe for Onion-Bacon Dip, made with Voskos Plain Greek Yogurt, was featured in one of the winning photographs:
Onion-Bacon Dip Recipe
1 large leek
5 turkey bacon slices
1 large sweet onion, minced
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup Plain Original Voskos Greek Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (2-lb) acorn squash
Garnish: chopped fresh chives
1. Remove and discard root ends and dark green top of leek. Cut in half lengthwise and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand; thinly slice leek.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble or mince bacon and set aside.
3. Sauté together onion and leek in hot dripping 15 minutes or until tender and golden.
4. Stir together onion mixture, bacon, cream cheese, yogurt, and salt. Cover and chill 1 hour.
5. Cut about 1/2 to 1 inch from top of squash: remove and discard seeds.
6. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Place squash, cut side down in skillet, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cut side is golden brown and caramelized. Serve dip in squash with assorted vegetable chips. Garnish, if desired.
Voskos Greek Yogurt has been recognized in awards contests presented by Fitness magazine, Women’s Health, Vegetarian Times, Natural Solutions, Self Magazine and Cooking Light magazine. It is also a triple gold winner of the 2010 Los Angeles International Dairy Competition.
Visit Voskos’ Web site for dozens of Greek yogurt recipes for low-carbohydrate breakfasts, appetizers, entrees, and snacks. The Voskos Greek Yogurt Recipes App, available for iPhone and Android devices, also includes a store locator to help you find the stores that sells Voskos, as well as money-saving coupons and access to Voskos Greek Yogurt contests.
About Voskos Greek Yogurt
Award-winning for its thick, rich taste and nutritional value, Voskos Greek Yogurt is all-natural, hormone-free, gluten-free, and Kosher certified. Through Voskos’ proprietary ProStrain™ method, Voskos yields two times more protein, more probiotics, less lactose, and a thicker, creamier consistency. Voskos is the only brand to offer an organic Greek yogurt line in addition to its all-natural plain and blended flavors and never has “fruit on the bottom.” Available nationwide, retailing between $1.49 – $2.99 in such stores as Kroger, Safeway, Publix, Bi-Lo, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and more. For store locations, and to download a coupon, visit voskos.com or facebook.com/Voskos.Greek.Yogurt today.
# # # #
SEO press release writing services provided by FreelancePR.com
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.