PressMediaWire.com (Press Release Distribution) – Dec 23,2011 –
Once again it is that time of the year when the holiday season is in full swing. As everyone starts to look back on the 2011 year that is now coming to a close, we start to remember all of the wonderful times that we have had with family and friends.
As the holiday season gets going, we all know that it is also time to think about everything we are grateful for and being excited to spend time with close family and friends. For many people this includes spending time with their beloved animal companions. Here are five top tips by animal rights advocate Igor Purlantov for making your furry friends feel just as warm and fuzzy during this holiday season as they have made you feel all year long:
5) Buy a special treat for your pet so that their holiday meal is as delicious as yours.
Make a difference: Donate a bag of pet food to your local animal shelter.
4) Make your pet a special toy – get a new can of tennis balls for puppies, or craft a pipe-cleaner toy for kitties.
Make a difference: Make a special toy for a neighbors pet too.
3) Ensure that bedtime is extra cozy with a new blanket.
Make a difference: Donate old sheets, towels and t-shirts to your local animal shelter.
2) Include your pet in holiday photos.
Make a difference: Post a photo of a shelter pet in need of adoption on your Facebook page.
1) Purchase new identification tags and collars for your pet.
Make a difference: Donate to the ASPCA or a local shelter to ensure that all shelter pets find their way to a new home.